It's another SMAK Saturday Unity friends. 

Unity has some awesome sales happening right now so here's a quick reminder.




and a fun freebie from Angela when you spend $15 or more!




Here's this month fabulous SMAK kit

Free Spirit




For today's post I am creating with December's SMAK kit, Helluva Start.  If you'd like to become a lucky recipient of all this pretty every month then click here for more details.



For the first project I wanted to use watercolors to create my own background. I stamped my image with Versamark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder and used Tim Holtz distress inks to create the background.



Next I wanted to share some ideas for layering images to create some great cards.
For this card I started with a light color ink and the splatter image and created a background. Then I chose a different contrasting light color to stamp the postage stamp image. I finished the card with the sentiment embossed in Versafine black onyx, 



Here's the same process but a different color palette and group of 3 stamps.




See how fun this can be?? I'd love for you to give this technique a try. Be sure and share your creations with us in the Unity Show & tell group.

Craft it up weekenders!