Inspiration Wednesday - Plaid Christmas Ornaments

Good morning! Heather stopping by with some Christmas inspiration for you! I know Christmas is coming soon, so I thought it would be fun to share a last minute gift idea - these make adorable simple ornaments, but would also be lovely tied as a tag on a gift or plate of Christmas cookies!


Here is what I happened across on Pinterest that inspired me - only I made mine entirely out of paper!

{image credit}

For these, I went WAY back to the October 2014 Kit of the Month - Love & Joy for the Holidays. I heat embossed the image in white on some plaid cardstock, then die cut it with a circle die. I die cut a second circle in white and adhered them back to back for stability. Next, I die cut the same circle from shiny gold cardstock (SOOO hard to see in the photos!), then die cut out the center with a smaller circle die to create a window frame effect and adhered that.  


Next, I punched a small hole, threaded through some rustic ribbon to add the string, and then tied on a bow of jute twine to finish it off.


Here is a look at the kit I used on this - if you are on the fence about signing up for the Kit of the Month - this is the perfect time! The price is going up after the first of the year, but if you sign up this month you are locked in at the current price! And bonus - you can purchase any PAST Kit of the Month for only $20 plus shipping (like this one for example!) - these sell to non-members for $45. If you want to sign up or read more about it, you can get all the details HERE.


And finally - this made me laugh SOOO hard the other day when I came across it, I thought I would share it with you! :-)

{image credit}

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!





Labels: , ,